Saturday 5 January 2008

The overnight rain had moved off to leave a bright and sunny start for this mornings walk. Of the 40 species seen, only the LITTLE GREBE , and TEAL was of any real note, and maybe the SISKIN. The Paddocks and sheep pasture at migrant alley held plenty of FIELDFARE, REDWING and a couple of MISTLE THRUSHES. Otherwise it was a standard type day.


As I finished writing this I heard a familiar commotion out in the garden - SPARROWHAWK!!- I managed a couple of snaps before he fled empty clawed.

Male Sparrowhawk - Looking In The ivy, Where two - Three Tits Were Hiding


Missed !! Note The Ring On Its Left Leg, This Bird was The One I helped Ring Over 3 Years Ago.

Not A Very Good Pic. Of The Little Grebe!!






Potential habitat for a Snipe or Green Sandpiper ?










My Attempt At Treecreeper!








Male House Sparrow, blending in well with the bush.





Female Blackbird






Male Siskin, One Of A Group Of Four







3 comments:

Kingsdowner said...

Good pictures of the Sparrowhawk, and it must be a great feeling to see a ring that you've fitted.

Re photography,
1. what camera have you got? and
2. forget treecreepers - they're impossible!

Warren Baker said...

Hi Steve,
I'm using a Canon E O S 400D with a 90-300mm zoom lens. I'm a novice when it comes to photography, but give me time!

Steve said...

Nice pics Warren - your Siskin is better than mine!