Friday 4 January 2008

The walk home from work was uneventful, but for a flock of 51 REDWING, 13 FIELDFARE and a couple of MISTLE THRUSH all feeding on the sports pitch at hadlow college. A little further on at migrant alley 16 BLACK HEADED GULL and at least 200 STARLING were in the sheep pasture along with 100 or so ROOKS. As I ate my sandwich and had a quick cuppa, the MARSH TIT put in an appearance at the feeders, 53 for the month. I wandered over to the lake area, via the waterlogged woodland, where at least one pair of TEAL were skulking. On the lake itself 25 MALLARD were scattered upon it, and the LITTLE GREBE was relocated. I watched it for some time as it dived, and got its rewards with a small fish. Whilst waiting for a rareity to drop in on the lake (maybe a coot! or tufted duck!) I noticed 3 GOLDCREST, 2 NUTHATCH and a COAL TIT, all feeding in a Pine tree. As the lght failed I turned for home, but not before watching a min. of 250 WOODPIGEON drop into the waterlogged woods.

No comments: