Tuesday 31 May 2016

Torrential rain, with a gale force wind prevented any sort of patch visit early today, even when the rain passed the wind was strong and gusty, making the hour long visit at around 11:00hrs totally pointless, as nothing much at all was seen!

There was some interest at my garden feeding station though, with both COLLARED DOVE and GREAT TIT young coming in with adult birds, the 13th and 14th species to have bred successfully on my patch so far this year.

A disappointing last day of the month then, and with the weather set windy and dull for the first week of the new month, I think i'll just stay indoors and watch the garden feeders!

2 comments:

Pete Woodruff said...

Sounds like it couldn't have been much worse for you Warren, hopefully a good time a'comin. But 'I think I'll just stay indoors and watch the garden feeders'....if it wasn't so serious it would be hilarious.

Warren Baker said...

Loosing my passion for getting out now Pete :-(