Monday 4 February 2013

Ninety minutes spent out this afternoon looking around the Wet Woods and lake areas, provided very little indeed, only expected at this time of year and at that time of day I suppose  :-)  One thing of interest was seeing that the COOT over at the lakes has again attracted a partner, the last time a pair were together, back in December, the lakes froze over and they both left, lets hope the frost stays away now and these two can breed here  :-) The only other birds on the water today were 6 MALLARDS and 2 MOORHENS.

One of the KESTREL pair was seen along Ashes Lane as I walked back home, much earlier than I normally would, but some visits you just know you're onto a looser!

There was still a bit of sunshine about, so I spent an hour trying to photograph some garden birds to fill my ''blog folder'' with, I varying degrees of success, as the light was very intermittent! You can see the first two shots had the most light, with the others taken in ever diminishing light.
COAL TIT
COAL TIT
BLUE TIT
NUTHATCH
It was really quite dark by the time the troop of LONG TAILED TITS arrived, I'll have to try again to get some better photo's of these
Long Tailed Tit
This GOLDCREST was a nice garden surprise, it flitted around my ivy bush for a few minutes, allowing this record shot  :-)

6 comments:

ShySongbird said...

Some lovely photos there Warren. You do get some great visitors to your garden. You managed a fine view of the Goldcrest's colourful stripe. I keep meaning to say I love the new header photo.

Good news on the Coot, I was hoping for that :-)

Marc Heath said...

Great lighting on the Coal Tit shots, very nice.

Warren Baker said...

Thanks Songbird,
Hopefully those Coots will breed this year - I suppose they could be the same ones as last year ?

Warren Baker said...

Cheers mark,
I just wish there were more ''light'' hours in the day!

The Hairy Birder said...

'Better shots of the Long-tailed Tits'! I would be ecstatic if I could get shots as good as this!

Joe said...

Really nice shots of the Coal Tit, you captured an interesting pose. Also well done for the Goldcrest shot- they're never easy to photograph.