Sunday 3 May 2015

This morning was wet and blustery, my early visit only got me a thorough soaking as I walked around the exposed fields and Paddocks of Migrant Alley.

A later visit to migrant Alley around 11:00hrs, primarily for a sky watch, didn't give me any exciting flyovers in the blustery SW winds, however, it wasn't a total loss, as I added LESSER BLACK BACKED GULL (49) to the months list when one joined a flock of 14 HERRING GULLS that sheltered on the sheep pasture. A SPARROWHAWK (50) also joined the months list, one hunted over the Greenhouse Grounds, where the KESTREL also did it's best to provide a meal for his partner on her nest.

That was about it for today, hopefully the weather will calm down for a decent patch visit tomorrow.

All I have left in the 'blog photo folder' is this Grey heron, a species that is yet to be added to this months list.


6 comments:

Simian said...

hello Warren
great photo of heron by the way....very nice....
as for the Tick...I think so...however...as they breed virtually non stop and the juveniles have a moult almost straight away its a very difficult call...i will say that the white on either side of the black collar was not too showy, which would imply adult...so probably a juvenile....but as i have no experience ringing these, and the literature says be cautious, i opted for the safe option on the age scoring for the bto....

Marc Heath said...

Nice capture Warren, can someone tell the weather its May!!

Derek Faulkner said...

Is it really Marc - I thought it was March.

Warren Baker said...

Graham,
Thanks for that, I did think about the fact that they breed all year, so it does make it problematical !

Warren Baker said...

Marc, Derek,

No-one can be more fed up with this CRAP weather than me!!!!!!!!!

Noushka said...

That is also one great shot, well done :)