Tuesday 10 July 2012

I didn't get out at all this afternoon, frequent hefty showers moved through the area, putting an end to any thought of visitng my patch  :-(  Rather frustratingly the morning was completely dry, but I was at work  Grrrrrrr..........

Hopefully I can get out tomorrow, but the weather looks no better all week  :-(

I spent an hour up in my garden shed, trying to photograph the feeding birds in near darkness, all pretty hopeless really, but here's some grainy images I saved.
Adult GREAT SPOTTED WOODPECKER
Immature Great Spotted Woodpecker
Immature Great Spotted Woodpecker
Immature GREAT TIT
Immature BLUE TIT
Male CHAFFINCH
Wood Mouse  :-)

7 comments:

Lancashire and Lakeland Outback Adventure Wildlife Safaris said...

Nice mouse pic - mine doesn't stay still for long enough...and has eaten almost everything in the garage...even chewed through the tyres on my bike! Naughty mouse...

Cheers

Davo

Warren Baker said...

Perhaps it was just bored Davo :-) :-)

ShySongbird said...

Hi Warren, I heard this weather isn't going to improve until September :-(

I love those GSWs and the sweet little mouse :-)

Warren Baker said...

Songbird,
I cant put up with this weather till September! That's it, I'm going into hibernation mode until the decent winter weather arrives :-)

Millhouse Photography said...

Aren't woodies the best Warren!

Ken. said...

Warren.
Nice photo's of the woodpeckers.
Like me all I am mainly getting immmature birds in my garden at the moment. Every day 2 different juvenile G/S/Woodpeckers come to feed, along with the adults at different times.
Better luck tomorrow with getting out.

Rohrerbot said...

Your shots are stunning Warren. The detail on the Chatniff is wonderful. Those little birds are tricky to get close up. Nice group of birds on your post today.