Monday 25 November 2013

There was a bit of sunshine this morning and a slight frost, but I only had 90 minutes out to enjoy it, spending the large majority of that time over at the Lakes and Scrubby Woods.

The Mute Swans that I had seen fly off yesterday had not returned this morning, leaving only the KINGFISHER, 4 CANADA GEESE, 8 MALLARDS and a scattering of MOORHENS to be seen on the water.

I found the likes of TREECREEPER, GOLDCREST and NUTHATCH in the Scrubby Woods, and spent a while trying to get near enough for a photo of the Treecreeper as it flitted from tree to tree, but it was just too clever for me today  :-)  SISKIN and LESSER REDPOLL were heard going over as I chased the Treecreeper, plus BULLFINCH and COAL TIT called from further in the wood.

A brisk walk over to the Greenhouse Grounds warmed me up, and on the way I saw the male KESTREL up hunting, plus a LESSER BLACK BACK GULL flew over. Alas little was seen around the Greenhouse Grounds, as once again the work crew there were burning off the stack of redundant timber, all I recorded of note was a couple of flyover SKYLARK, and a group of 4 FIELDFARE that also went over without stopping.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get out for a bit longer, and a bit earlier!

More photo's from my garden feeding station, where this afternoon the SPARROWHAWK took a GOLDFINCH :-(  It really has got the garden pinned down at the moment, unfortunately.
GREENFINCH
GREAT TIT
Great Tit
Robin



2 comments:

Alan Pavey said...

It's supposed to be nice tomorrow Warren, so good luck.

Warren Baker said...

Thanks Alan :-)