Tuesday 30 August 2016

Dense fog enveloped the area this morning, but once it cleared the day became sunny and warm.

With the fog not clearing until almost 10:00hrs, there was very little of note to see on my patch visit this morning, just a YELLOW WAGTAIL that flew over calling and a SAND MARTIN that sat among the SWALLOWS on the Greenhouses.

Once the fog had cleared I walked the edge of the Wet Woods looking for dragonflies where a lone Brown Hawker, 2 Common Darters and a nicely posing Migrant Hawker were seen.

As I looked for Dragonflies, I kept my eye on the sky and watched 29 CANADA GEESE fly past, with a single GREYLAG among them, plus four Raptor species were seen up hunting - BUZZARD, SPARROWHAWK, KESTREL and a smart HOBBY.


This Migrant Hawker sat for ages, allowing me ever closer images of it




No comments: