Tuesday 21 February 2012

Early sunshine gave way to cloudy conditions for this afternoons patch visit, which was just 45 minutes long due to me having computer problems and spending half the afternoon trying sort them! Utter frustration as I expect you all well know  ;-)

Anyway, i only got over to check the lakes, as this is where I may just come up with something new for the 2012 list, but alas, it wasn't to be today. I watched the pair of COOTS, and saw the CORMORANT in its favourite tree again, three MALLARDS were on the water, and 4 more dropped in whilst I was there, two MOORHEN and a GREY HERON made up the water birds seen. Only the briefest of walks around the Scrubby Woods turned up a flock of LONG TAILED TITS, about 8 birds in all, with the usual hangers on of NUTHATCH, TREECREEPER, and GOLDCREST. That was it for today, just run out of time!!

A couple of hastily snatched photo's from the garden were had, but in some poor light -
COAL TIT
COLLARED DOVE.....again  :-)
Collared Dove

8 comments:

Marc Heath said...

Rushed photos or not Warren, I would be happy just to see a Coal Tit, let along photograph it!

Warren Baker said...

Marc,
The two things in the world that make time fly past is photographing birds and trying to sort computer problems ;-)

PS nice to see your Jack Snipe on the KOS home page :-)

Pete Woodruff said...

Pity about then poor light for the Coal Tit, a lovely little creature. I particularly like the Collared Dove pics Warren....nice, clear and sharp.

ShySongbird said...

The other thing that makes time fly is looking at all the lovely Nature blogs :-)

Nice Photos despite the light Warren. You mentioned on a reply yesterday that some folk don't like to hear Collared Doves!!! I love to hear them especially when they are on the roof and the sound floats down the chimney and on a warm sunny day it's a lovely lazy, drowsy sound. It's a good job I like it the amount I get in my garden every day :-)

Jason K said...

Keep your eyes peeled Warren...things are just starting to move. I had a fem Merlin through Shenstone this afternoon!

Rohrerbot said...

I'm finding that there are certain favorite trees of birds and people. This past weekend I discovered a tree that was popular with birds. Everytime I looked at the tree, there were a lot of birds on it.

Anonymous said...

The only problem i have with my computer, is the speed of it. Think i`m ready for a new one.

Alan Pavey said...

Like the Coal Tit Warren, still just a matter of time before that next species turns up, maybe with temperatures of 16 + it might be sooner rather than later?