Wednesday 9 December 2015

This morning was bright and sunny, with just a light westerly breeze, at last some decent weather!

Whilst re-stocking the bird seed over at the Greenhouse Grounds this morning, I received a call from a friend to ask if I wanted to join him on a trip to Sevenoaks Wildfowl Reserve, which I accepted readily  :-)

We reached the reserve around 09:30hrs and stayed until around 13:00hrs, where in the lovely winter sunshine I spent some time photographing the various wildfowl, nothing out of the ordinary was seen, but it made a nice refreshing change to get off my patch and try some different photography  :-)


A view over one of the large lakes at the reserve


The same view again but zoomed in closer.


Tufted Ducks were plentiful, it was nice to get a chance to photograph a splendid drake bird,, they are a rarity on my patch


As is the Coot!


Black Headed Gulls were common, as they are on my patch at this time of year, but I can get to photograph them at the reserve  ;-)


I watched this Great Crested Grebe fishing, but didn't see it catch anything




Canada Geese, a species not yet seen on my patch this month.

I took a few other images, which i'll post on another day.   :-)

4 comments:

Derek Faulkner said...

Decent weather at last Warren, a week of that would be nice.

Warren Baker said...

Nice, but not likely to happen Derek :-(

Pete Woodruff said...

A nice change on a nice day for you Warren. The rare for you drake Tufted Duck looks fine in your photograph.

Wilma said...

Even the birds look happy in the sun.