Monday 15 August 2016

Variable amounts of cloud drifted over today, but it remained mostly sunny with a moderate breeze.

Another walk of the fields and paddocks this morning didn't reveal too much migrant activity, just a GARDEN WARBLER utilising the same Elder tree as the Lesser Whitethroats had done yesterday. BUZZARD, SPARROWHAWK and KESTREL were all seen up hunting over the area, plus a LESSER BLACK BACKED GULL and a few HERRING GULLS flew over, as did a pair of GREY HERON. No sign of my first Mistlethrush of the month still, the only Pittswood breeding species yet to be added to the August list.

A WILLOW WARBLER was singing from my Elder Tree just as I left home for my morning walk, a song much missed from much of South East England now-a-days.

This Migrant Hawker posed for me today, the only images I did get!






3 comments:

Marc Heath said...

Lovely lighting, lovely detail, lovely shots sums it up I think. I was up for some early shots this morning with some ok rewards.

Marc Heath said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Warren Baker said...

Thanks Marc.
Dragons do lend themselves to photography very well :-)