Thursday 22 December 2016

Once again, this morning was one of dense fog, which didn't fully clear until 10:30hrs, so little could be seen!

I did, however, towards the end of my walk, watch the first LESSER BLACK BACKED GULL (54) of the month fly in to join the 2 HERRING GULLS and 23 BLACK HEADED GULLS that were out on the sheep pasture at Migrant Alley.

A BUZZARD was present in the small field next to the Greenhouse Grounds and the female KESTREL sat up on one of the greenhouses, allowing me to take yet another image of her in the now clearing skies.

The only other birds of note today were the continued presence of the 30 or so MEADOW PIPITS at the Ashes Lane fields, plus a flyover YELLOWHAMMER....where are all the Geese this month ? not one has been recorded yet, nor a Grey Heron!!


Obliging female Kestrel



Christmas ROBIN, the perch should have 2 inches of snow on it, winter has missed us again this year!


I took this WREN image this afternoon at my garden feeding station, where I was pleased to see a REDWING drop in briefly, the 25th species to visit my garden this month  :-)

6 comments:

Marc Heath said...

Surely not a Yellow Wagtail, I presume you mean YELLOWHAMMER. Have you started drinking already!!!

Marc Heath said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Derek Faulkner said...

Nine days to the end of your blog, unless you've changed your mind.

Warren Baker said...

Marc ....oops!! Hicupp :-/

Warren Baker said...

Derek,
I'm considering running down the blog to just one post every few days....as I have been for the past few weeks, cant see the point in just writing for the sake of it when nothing much has been seen.

Derek Faulkner said...

I've always thought that was the best way to do things, otherwise things get forced. Go for it.