Tuesday 3 November 2009

All I have to offer today is the sighting of the months first LESSER BLACK BACKED GULL, seen on the college sports pitch as I trudged into work in the pouring rain.

This afternoon I trudged back home again - in the pouring rain, which became monsoon like before i got home, I don't believe I've ever been out in such heavy rain before, I couldn't have got any wetter if i'd jumped in a river!

It did brighten up a little later in the afternoon, but I had lost the incentive to go out for the last hour of daylight. I tried to watch the garden feeders, but I ended up chasing off the Sprawk every 20 mins! It's not funny any more!!!

5 comments:

Greenie said...

Warren ,
I agree , that was some of the heaviest rain I have ever seen , and along with the wind , unbelievable .

Anonymous said...

Just showery up here, but that and being busy, stopped me from venturing onto the patch.

Ken. said...

Hi Warren.
Sorry that you didn't get a list today. We too only had a short heavy downpour, no wind with it.Still at least you added 1to your list

Sharon said...

Better luck tomorrow Warren. Touch wood, I don't think rains forecast here for the next couple of days (for a change!)

Kelly said...

...my gosh.....you poor thing!! Rain and sprawks...no way to spend the autumn!! I hope the weather improves soon...