Friday 10 June 2011

What a rubbish day weather-wise ! It seems the price is being paid for all that decent weather we had over the spring!

I got a good soaking by a hefty shower as I walked home from work this afternoon, and by the time i'd changed and had some food, the next downpour had arrived, and that set the tone for the afternoon, frequent heavy downpours and short lived bright intervals. So I stayed in and watched the garden feeders, I had the idea that I would try and get a photo of every species that came into the garden, but with the poor light, and heavy rain I manged just six of the fourteen species that visited, the highlight of which was seeing a GREAT SPOTTED WOODPECKER bring in one of its red capped youngsters :-)

With nothing else of note for the day, here's the six species I got photo's of, click on them for a better view :-)


Above and below : Male HOUSE SPARROW

Below : Male GREENFINCH



Above a young GREAT TIT, and Below a COLLARED DOVE

Below: A JACKDAW

Lastly a young STARLING

5 comments:

Greenie said...

Warren ,
It certainly was a rubbish , wet , afternoon .
Just glad I got out in the morning , at least it was dry until midday .

Pete Woodruff said...

Weather rubbish....pics brilliant.

Marc Heath said...

Not a day for the camera but you managed a few pleasing shots. Hopefully we will have something for the weekend.

Jason K said...

Love the Greebfinch photo Warren. The droplets of rain on the leaves typifys the kinda weather you were having!

ShySongbird said...

Still no rain to speak of here Warren!

Lovely photos again, my favourite is the Greenfinch.