Wednesday 27 January 2016

Stormy winds and heavy rain throughout the day prevented much of a patch visit today. I did no more than walk over to the lakes,via the Ashes lane Fields and back, mainly just for a bit of fresh air!

I heard the MEADOW PIPITS fly up as I walked across the Ashes Lane Fields, but didn't hang about to count them as the wind was blowing the rain across the pasture in sheets, like drifting smoke. I looked up to see a CORMORANT battle westwards across the leaden sky, making little headway, but it didn't drop down to the lakes, just 2 CANADA GEESE and a few MALLARDS and MOORHEN were seen there.

Walking back through the Wet Woods, or rather, wading back through, I heard a TREECREEPER singing, plus I watched a pair of NUTHATCHES chasing around a large Oak tree, before a SPARROWHAWK came whizzing through at head height.

Tomorrow looks like a better day, hopefully I can find something to photograph, or better still add a species to the year/month list  :-)


No comments: