Saturday 2 January 2016

This morning was dark, wet and windy, pulses of wetting drizzle blew through the area, later the rain became heavy and persistent.

After all the enthusiasm of yesterdays excellent new year visit, this morning was the exact opposite, I cant really find much to blog about at all! The 100+ BLACK HEADED GULLS were on the sheep pasture at Migrant Alley, with a few HERRING GULLS and TREECREEPER, BULLFINCH and GOLDCREST were the best of what was in the woods. I had hoped for at least one more addition to the month/year list, with Buzzard, Redwing, Yellowhammer or Grey Heron all quite possible, but in the poor conditions very little was seen or heard. Looking at the weather ahead it looks pretty bleak for the first few days of 2016............if you're an inland patch watcher!

My first photographic effort of 2016 was hardly worth the trouble, but as I have nothing for the blog posts, here it is..............


My old friend the male SPARROWHAWK, visiting the garden feeders, a poor quality image, as it was taken through rain splattered double glazing in very poor light!

3 comments:

Derek Faulkner said...

Despite the damp, wind and lots of mud, I quite enjoyed being out early this morning, just prior to it getting light. I managed to see two beautiful male Hen Harriers leaving their overnight roost on the tidal saltings, saw c.160 White-fronted geese, who allowed me to walk past at a 100yds distance without then flying up, had a Hooded Crow fly past at about 20yds range and had a nice chat with some wildfowlers about how it was fifty odd years ago.

Steve Gale said...

Poor quality image? I'd be dead chuffed with that shot Warren!

Warren Baker said...

Steve,
I guess i am too picky! I want all my images to be like the best ones I take LoL :-)