Saturday 13 February 2016

A cold and raw NE wind brought rain to the area by 08:30hrs, which then set in for the day.

In the poor conditions I didn't stay out long, but my visit to the lakes proved worthwhile when I found the months first COOT (61), well worth getting wet for! Also at the lakes were the MUTE SWAN pair, 3 CANADA GEESE a CORMORANT plus a few MALLARDS and MOORHENS.

The large flock of mixed FIELDFARE, REDWING and STARLING continue to feed at the Ashes Lane Fields, where the Meadow Pipits were nowhere to be found, have they moved on, or were they just hunkered down in the pasture, keeping out of the weather?

Better days will be had!

I've got a few images left in the 'Blog Folder', taken at Sevenoaks Wildfowl Reserve earlier this week, this is what I would love to see on the lakes here !


Tufted Duck - A real scarcity on my patch  :-)





1 comment:

Derek Faulkner said...

Fortunately, by getting out before it was properly light, I managed a couple of hours rain free and some good bird counts, noting that the wildfowl counts on the reserve are now creeping up. One delight being having 170 Whitefronts swirling around me before dropping down not far in front. After that it was a crap day all the way.