Friday 22 November 2013

Very little time was spent out today, I've got the builders doing the house up and needed to be around for them, they will be here the next few weeks and proper patch visits will be limited to weekends, but I should get some short weekday visits in  :-)

All I was able to do this morning was walk over to check the Lakes, where I found the MUTE SWANS and the KINGFISHER again, plus a male MANDARIN DUCK hiding under the overhanging branches, there is probably more but they are too well concealed from my viewing position.

A COAL TIT was seen as I passed by the Scrubby Woods, and a BULLFINCH was heard to call, a MISTLETHRUSH was singing loudly and three FIELDFARE flew over giving their 'chack chack chack' call.

All being well I should be out for a full patch walk tomorrow morning, and hopefully the weather will allow for the camera to be dusted off !

2 comments:

Marc Heath said...

Yes hopefully a bit of sun and some birds around will be nice.

Pete Woodruff said...

Hope the builders have the job done and dusted in the next few weeks, and that 'doing the house up' causes as little disruption to your birding as possible.

Enjoy Saturdays 'full patch' walk Warren.