Tuesday 25 February 2014

Frequent blustery showers frustrated my patch walk this morning, where much of my visit was spent trying to shelter from the rain. Consequently there was little recorded, although it was good to see a female GOOSANDER had returned to the main lake, where 8 CANADA GEESE were also present. Three raptor species were seen as I watched the sky while sheltering from the rain, a COMMON BUZZARD, a SPARROWHAWK and the male KESTREL, theyall hunted around and over the Greenhouse Grounds and Ashes lane Field.

Short and sweet today!   Here's a few finch pics from my garden taken on Sunday
GREENFINCH
Male CHAFFINCH
.
Female CHAFFINCH
GOLDFINCH


2 comments:

Pete Woodruff said...

Nowhere for me to hide from the rain I got caught in yesterday Warren. I was looking to the heavens and screaming at it, hope nobody saw me. I drove home like a wet Mackerel.

Warren Baker said...

I had a few choice words as i tried to shelter from it Pete, fed up with it again!!!