Tuesday 18 November 2014

Ive been hit by one of those dreaded cold viruses! Not man flu yet, but I didn't feel well enough to make much of a patch visit today  :-(

I was tempted out by some sunshine around 11:30hrs and thinking some fresh air would do me good, I walked over to the Greenhouse Grounds, where I spent an hour mostly sneezing! I didn't see much at that time of day of course, just the male KESTREL, a flock of GOLDFINCHES, a couple of MEADOW PIPITS and the regular common stuff like WREN, DUNNOCK, ROBIN, PIED WAGTAIL, BLACKBIRD, BLUE and GREAT TITS, the latter giving some spring calls! The only noteworthy flyover was a GREY HERON.

In the sunshine it felt warm, and I was not really surprised to see both a RED ADMIRAL butterfly and a pair of COMMON DARTER Dragonflies in tandem  :-)

Hopefully I will feel ok tomorrow!


 Blue Tit


STARLING

3 comments:

Pete Woodruff said...

I had a cold/virus whatever it's called a fortnight ago. I'm still coughing and a bit of a sore throat two weeks later.

Hope you are feeling much better tomorrow Warren.

Marianne said...

Feel better soon, Warren! Stunning pics of the Bluey and Starling.

Warren Baker said...

Thanks Pete / Marianne,

Hopefully this cold will be the last for a long while!