Friday 16 January 2015

Heavy rain persisted for most of this morning, so I only had an hour out around 11:00hrs today. I spent that time visiting the Greenhouse Grounds and the associated Greenhouse Copse, plus had a scan of the sheep pasture and paddocks of Migrant Alley, which had been largely deserted, except for the ROOKS and JACKDAWS.

A BUZZARD was seen perched up in one of the boundary trees as I looked across to the Ashes Lane Field, while at the Greenhouse Grounds a PIED WAGTAIL was feeding beside a GREY WAGTAIL and MEADOW PIPIT, a nice little trio, plus the KESTREL pair were seen on the greenhouses again. The LITTLE OWL was at the Greenhouse Copse, in its favoured roosting spot, but more of a surprise was seeing at least 50 REDWING feeding in the grass field running alongside the copse, the most i've seen here all winter. Not much else to report, although whilst I was out I saw an immature MUTE SWAN flyover very low, I wondered if it was the one from the lakes ?

Nothing but a few NUTHATCH photo's left in my 'blog photo folder'.............



Nuthatch

1 comment:

Pete Woodruff said...

Only one hour....this is peanuts to you Warren.

I got out today, first time since Monday, I'm sick of the wind.