Sunday 10 February 2008

A repeat of yesterdays weather this morning, although a little less mist. The number of species of birds was not repeated though, just 42, but thats not too bad for February. I did add COAL TIT and SPARROWHAWK from the window when I got home.

Grey-Lag Geese On The Frosty Golf course

The golf course was very scenic, with a hard frost, CANADA GEESE and GREY LAG GEESE were resting there, and a few MALLARD and MOORHEN about the greens. The lake area was relatively quiet, just a GREY HERON, CORMORANT and a few more Mallard and Moorhen. A single TEAL was in the waterlogged woods, as were TREECREEPER (singing) and NUTHATCH. I walked through migrant alley, and again there were good numbers of FIELDFARE on the sheep pasture, with a few REDWINGS. SKYLARKS have begun to sing, a real sign of spring! No new sightings for the year or the month, but a Little Egret and a Common Snipe were reported less than a Kilometer to the north of my patch as well as Brambling. all of which I could do with !

2 comments:

Simon said...

Great photo of the Graylays on the frosty grass.

Warren Baker said...

Thanks Simon,My fingers were dropping off at the time!