Tuesday 19 February 2008

Today, as a bit of a change I visited a friends patch, which lies adjacent to mine, just to the north. The habitat is similar to mine, but some parts of his patch are at higher elevations, giving some spectacular views. Bird wise, there was a large mixed flock in an overwintering raspberry field, 100 CHAFFINCH min, 40 or so Linnets and at least 5 BRAMBLING! RED LEGGED PARTRIDGE were seen in an orchard, along with a couple of HARES, which were lounging in the afternoon sun. The main reason for visiting was to find the COMMON SNIPE, 3 of them made an appearance. A nice change from my patch, but i'll be back on it tomorrow..........I never wander away for to long!

2 comments:

Kingsdowner said...

Glad to hear that you saw some bramblings, even though they weren't on your patch!

Warren Baker said...

Bramblings are always infrequent visitors on my patch steve, I don't really have the right habitat. Oh for an old orchard!