Friday 15 February 2008


There was again much disturbance on my patch today, but I went out for an hour between 2:30 and 3:30, to see what was at the lakes. The smallholding I walk through to get to the woods and on to the lake, had 100 min of REDWING and FIELDFARE, a lone SONGTHRUSH was feeding with them, and a small flock of CHAFFINCH was also viewed, but still no Brambling. I walked into the woods and watched a GOLDCREST bathing in a small puddle, (do they feel the cold?) It sat on a branch, to preen and dry off whilst posing for the camera. On the wetter parts of the wood a pair of TEAL, a pair of MALLARD and at least 3 MOORHENS were active, a TREECREEPER was creeping up an alder trunk, and 2 GREAT SPOTTED WOODPECKERS chased around noisily. The lake area was completely devoid of birds, the adjacent large house had been out with the lawnmower! On the way back, just before the re-entering the woods, my old friend the MARSH TIT called above me, waiting to have his pic. taken, so I duly obliged him.(or her!)




































3 comments:

Steve said...

Very nice Marsh Tit pictures Warren....

Simon said...

Fantastic photos of Marsh Tit and Goldcrest Warren.

Warren Baker said...

Thanks guys,
Nice of you comment, gives me the incentive to keep snapping!!