Monday 14 April 2008

Back to work today, so only half an hour to scan my patch on the way in. At migrant alley there were 40+ HERRING GULLS and 3 LESSER BLACK BACKED GULLS. Another 20 Herring Gulls were on the sports pitch at the college. Little else was noted, I listened for the Cuckoo but it didn't call.
This afternoon I walked round to the lake area, but frequent short, sharp showers made it difficult to observe much. Whilst waiting for a shower too pass, I spied 2 Large raptors flying way in the distance, they didn't look like Buzzards, could of been a harrier species - another one gets away!
A short sit on my favoured horse jump, over at migrant alley, only produced PIED WAGTAILS, 20 or so STOCK DOVES and the usual corvid mix. The only spring visitors noted were CHIFFCHAFF and a single SWALLOW.

No comments: