Friday 25 January 2013

Two TAWNY OWLS and a LITTLE OWL were being very vocal as I walked to work this morning, then on the walk back home I noted at least 80 FIELDFARE and 150 STARLING on the sheep pasture at Migrant Alley, as well as a couple of MEADOW PIPIT. I checked the sunflower hearts I put out along the hedgerow yesterday, but nothing had been attracted down to them, and they lay where I left them  :-(  Both KESTRELS were up hunting over the Tree Nursery, and a SPARROWHAWK flew past me as I walked along Ashes lane.

Whilst at home eating lunch I noticed 2 male SISKIN at my garden feeders, so I decided I would forsake a patch walk and instead try to get some photographs of the Siskin. I nearly froze as I sat in my shed waiting for them to return - which they didn't! Oh well, maybe tomorrow they will return and i'll have another go, after my full patch walk. I did take take some shots of the usual regulars, but the light became very poor though.
BLUE TIT
Blue Tit
COAL TIT
Coal Tit
GREAT TIT
Great Tit
CHAFFINCH
ROBIN
NUTHATCH

7 comments:

ShySongbird said...

Sounds like you need your thermals on in that shed Warren :-) Love the Blue Tit with the peanut!

Lancs and Lakes Outback Adventure Wildlife Safaris said...

Yet another quality series of pics there Warren...would like a Tawny!

Cheers

DaveyMan

Warren Baker said...

Songbird,
It was feet and finger numbing in there today! :-)

Warren Baker said...

Davyman,
Must be a Tawny somewhere around that reserve you visit :-)

Stephen Mills said...

Some lovely shots of your garden birds.
Wouldn't mind seeing some Siskins on my Feeders.

Marc Heath said...

Nice series Warren. What great colours a Blue Tit has. A great bird.

Wilma said...

The chaffinch photo is my fav, but they are all excellent. I think you do well with the challenge of poor light!