Wednesday 28 November 2007

Just a brief, mid afternoon visit, to the lake today. I had hoped to find a Teal in the waterlogged woods or a Grey Lag Goose on the lake itself, but alas none of them showed up. As I scanned the Smallest area of water however, through the gloom, a brilliant blue blob appeared, as I focused in, it was of course the KINGFISHER. On the way back, 12-15 LONG TAILED TITS fed in a noisey flock, joined by the usual BLUE and GREAT TITS, but also present were NUTHATCH, TREECREEPER, a couple at least of GOLDCREST and a confiding MARSH TIT, which I got within 6ft of. This latter bird is more than likely the one that comes to the garden feeders, just a hundred meters away (as the tit flies!)

2 comments:

Steve said...

Just catching up with your blog Warren...frustratingly I haven't been able to get out much. Nice picture of the Little Owl.

steve

Warren Baker said...

Steve, I finsh work at one, and I still have to rush around to make the most of the day lentgh. Still its starts getting lighter after 21st Dec !!!!