Thursday 15 November 2007

Well, it was back to my patch today. Having lost the morning light now, my sightings are confined to mid afternoon and dusk, with more emphasis on the garden scene. However a visit to the lake and wet woods between 2 and 3:30 was worth it just for the months first LITTLE OWL, Its bright yellow eyes following me as I walked just a few yards from its perch. I knew when I got to the lake it would be piontless to do any birding. The main reason for going, was to talk to the groundsman about the landscaping - and how long it was going on for. A track way was now being built around the lake so the owners could walk round it, time will tell if this creates any new habitat. I did ask the groundsman if he could see his way to planting some Phragmites reeds, he said he would, but we will see!

No comments: