Thursday 8 November 2007

The walk to work produced the first GREY WAGTAIL of the month, right at the south-western boundary of my patch, where the river bourne disappears under the A26. A usual place for this species. Also a strange ''churring'' call in the hedgerow at ashes lane caught my attention, I scanned for a while and found a GOLDCREST and a WREN, but I didn't think it sounded much like either. I didn't have time to look for longer, so I thought I would look on the way back home - unfortunately the bloody hedgerow had been massacred by a hedge ''trimmer'' and there was little to be seen.

2 comments:

Marcus Lawson said...

Hi Warren,
Have you had a listen to Dartford Warbler with regards the strange "churring"? Bit of a long shot but possible.

See you soon
Marcus

Warren Baker said...

Hi Marcus,
I have listened to the d. Warbler song, but I havn't got the call. However I wouldn't rule out D.W. from what I heard On the cd. No sign of it since. :-(