Tuesday 6 November 2007

Not much about generally today, the walk to work was made enjoyable by singing ROBINS, SONGTHRUSH and a distant MISTLE THRUSH, whilst starlings were clicking and whistling on the rooftops. The walk home was punctuated with the odd group of gulls, mainly BH,one looked like a common, but I only got a couple of moments to look at it, I wasn't confident enough to count it. After a quick cuppa, and a snack, I headed off out to the small lake via the tree/shrub nursery and waterlogged woods. A male SPARROWHAWK went gliding past me, alighting in an oak, promptly emptying it of all the WOODPIGEON. A few MEADOW PIPIT flew up in front of me just before I entered the wood. At this time of year I expect to hear or see Teal on the wetter parts of the woods, but there's been so little rain the pools are drying out. At the lake the habitat destruction carries on - more trees felled - more bloody rhodadendrons! (however you spell it!) Only a few MOORHEN were present with around 15 MALLARD. Once the hour hit 3 o'clock, every thing went quiet, so I went home and spent an hour watching the garden feeders. 14 species were noted, but nothing out of the ordinary.

No comments: