Saturday 3 November 2007

Collared Dove

A 4hr walk around the patch produced 44 species, athough two of those were only seen in my garden, MARSH TIT and surprisingly GOLDFINCH - not one was seen on the walk, also unseen was the songthrush, the first time this species has evaded me this year. All birds were counted, and as is usually the case WOODPIGEON was most common with 900 approx. This included a continual southerly movement, of which some I wasn't in a position to see. The most surprising species seen was a CHIFFCHAFF, probably the bird seen on 23rd of OCT. as it was in the same vicinity. A small flock of 6 SISKIN fed in alders and a CORMORANT flew over. These represented the best birds of the day. Quite early in the walk I heard what I thought was a blackbird in full song, when I located the source I found it was a STARLING expertly mimicking said turdus. (Apologies for picture quality!!)

Coal Tit


Nuthatch

2 comments:

Marcus Lawson said...

Hi Warren,
With regards the "blurry" pictures this is most likely due to camera shake. You can buy fancy adaptors to hold the camera in place or you can knock something up yourself which can often work just as well. Which camera are you using?

All the best and see you soon
Marcus

Warren Baker said...

Hi Marcus,
I am using a coolpix 4500. I have played around with different settings and I just can't get rid of the blur! I think shooting through double glazing isn't helping :-). I've got it on a tri-pod so it must be the excitement when I press the shutter thats causing the shake!!