Wednesday 20 February 2008

An afternoon stroll, out on my patch today was very pleasant weatherwise, but very frustrating in other ways. The lake area was disturbed by the groundsman of the adjacent large house, he was on that bloody petrol mower again. The tree nursery was disturbed by a work crew removing saplings, and migrant alley was disturbed by a muck spreader - that didn't leave me a lot! However I did find a nice flock of REDWING on the edge of the waterlogged woods that ajoins the tree nursery, 60 at least were chattering in the tree tops and dropping down to feed on the edge of the field. There were at least 30 CHAFFINCH amongst them, but no Brambling. Oh well I've got tomorrow off so I can get out early and beat the workmen.

Bumble bee on Blackthorn
Muck spreading at Migrant Alley

Work crew At The Nursery.


2 comments:

Tony Morris said...

There seem to be lots of Bumblebees around already this year. I can make up my mind if it's really exceptional or whether I was just unobservant before. (I've got a link from St Margaret's to Pittswood).

Warren Baker said...

Hi Tony,
I've also linked your site on my page