Monday 11 February 2008

A walk round parts of my patch today was quite productive, considering I initially only wanted to clean out all my nestboxes.

I first came across this KESTREL, I snapped it just as it took off
One of my woodcrete nestboxes. I have 7 of these, and can recommend them. They are not cheap, but will last a lifetime, and they have always had a tit nest in, every year.

This is Hadlow Tower. As I stood at ''migrant alley'' a PEREGRINE FALCON (65) flew across, from right to left, and swept low over the houses in the village, before alighting on the shaded side of the tower.


At the lake area 'the' MARSH TIT was taking seed from a garden feeder nearby. The last noteable event of my afternoon, was seeing the months first LINNET. A pair were perched atop an ash tree. All in all, a very enjoyable outing to clean my nestboxes.



2 comments:

Steve said...

Nice to hear about the Peregrine, and great pic of Marsh Tit Warren...you pictures are getting better with every post!

Warren Baker said...

Thanks steve, Now the light level has improved it makes all the difference.