Thursday 3 January 2008

Magpie (Sorry Its a Bit Dark, The Light Was Poor Today)

Back to work today, so no walk round the patch. However, on the way home, as I walked through migrant alley I saw 81 LAPWING, feeding/resting in the sheep pasture. No doubt when it warms up tomorrow they will all leave. When I got home I decided on a garden bird watch. It was immediately evident that the SPARROWHAWK was in the vacinity, 20 or so BLUE TIT were gathering in the nearby trees and shrubs, but wouldn't enter the garden. I ventured out and tossed a stone up into the large leylandi tree, on the gardens border, and sure enough out flew the hawk from the other side. Five minutes later the garden was a frenzy of Tits and finch's. Bird (s) of the day were a pair of GREATER BLACK BACK GULLS flying over the house, heading south-east. Three new species for the month, 52 now.

No comments: