Thursday 17 January 2008

More of that horizontal rain confronted me on the walk home from work today, so I didn't get the bins out of my bag! I did manage to see a mixed flock of winter thrushes,(250+) mainly FIELDFARE, as I crossed the sheep pasture at migrant alley. A sit by the window, to watch the garden birds, and tally them up for the B T O garden birdwatch survey, was all I could muster this afternoon. This was not as good as has been in previous weeks, as the SPARROWHAWK has everything running scared! All the activity was limited to ''grab what you can and go'' with nothing hanging around. 16 species sounds good for a two hour watch, but it was all ones and two's, the Nuthatch, Dunnock and Goldfinch did not show at all, quite unusual. Bird of the day was a big fat WOODPIGEON, I don't see many of these in my garden, this was the 2nd for jan. maybe it will be a regular?

No comments: