Friday 11 April 2008

This is another pic of yeserdays Starling, I just think the colours on it are great



No frost this morning, but there was less sunshine and only one light shower passed through on this mornings 4 hour walk round the patch. Less species were noted than in the last two days, (45) but one not seen on those days, was GREY WAGTAIL, a pair were feeding on a manure pile. Its still a bit frustrating not seeing any new migrant species, but they will arrive, I hope!
A small bird of prey went low and fast over my head while I was at the lake area, and only a second to glance at it told me it was either a female kestrel or quite possibly a female Merlin, the latter would have been a patch first, but I couldn't be sure, so I didn't count it. The only other noteable occurrance, was that the number of SWALLOWS had incresed to 5.



4 comments:

Simon said...

2 great photos of the Starling Warren.

Warren Baker said...

Thanks Simon,
Starlings are a much maligned bird. I think they're cool.

Mike said...

Stunning colours on starlings youve captured them really well.
Swallows on the increase up in the NW just hope the weather picks up.

Steve said...

agree...really like teh starling shot Warren....i am off out now to see what I can find...12th was my first Cuckoo last year so fingers crossed. good luck today !