Wednesday 7 May 2008

Another warm and sunny morning, a replica of yesterday in fact, as was the bird activity. Again the LESSER WHITETHROAT sang, and apart from a GREY WAGTAIL, on the srteam behind the college, little of note was seen. On the way home from work, the temperature was in the low 20's, but it felt hot in the sunshine, and most birds were in cover and keeping out of the heat, apart from the CHIFFCHAFFS, which called all day long.
I left a little later for my afternoon walk, around 15.00hrs, hoping that it would be a little cooler, but it wasn't. A walk across migrant alley, and a half hour skywatch only produced a GREY HERON. I walked along the stream behind the college, hoping for a Sedge Warbler, but didn't find any, however a KINGFISHER did flash past me. in the college grounds I sat on a shaded bench for a rest, and to watch the sky again. I spotted a SPARROWHAWK gliding around in tight circles, it was then joined by another and a few minutes later a third joined them! They all drifted off into the sun. So there was no repeat of yesterdays Red Kite or the Common Cranes that were seen not so far away.

This Albino Squirrel was in the college grounds the first seen since the winter.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Nice pic of the Albino Squirrel....I had a couple near home a couple of years back but they didn't last long....

Simon said...

Nice squirrel photo - I haven't seem one for quite a while now.