Monday 12 May 2008

Still suffering with ''Man Flu'' today, but I managed to bravely drag myself into work this morning. The cool fresh air did me a power of good, and I deserved to see something special for my efforts, but only the usual species were about, WHITETHROATS, BLACKCAPS and CHIFFCHAFFS were all singing, a KESTREL flew over Migrant Alley where two SKYLARKS sang, spiraling out of sight, into the blue sky. the two SPOTTED FLYCATCHERS were chasing around the college grounds, a pair or rival males I wonder ?
After work I felt rubbish again ! So I just went out to the tree nursery, where work seems to of halted for a while, I layed on the grass and watched the sky, within a few minutes I heard squawking/screeching, and found not one but two PEREGRINES, they both, as usual for raptors, put themselves between the sun and me, so I couldn't see to decide wether it was a pair, or two males fighting over territory, they then split up and quickly moved off SW. Apart from the usual SWIFTS, SWALLOWS and HOUSE MARTINS, with a single HERRING GULL nothing else was noted in my short stay.

Swift


And another!

2 comments:

Simon said...

Some good sightings Warren. Welldone with getting the Swift shots!! Hope you feel better soon.

Mike said...

Not the easiest birds to try and photograph, the flu obviously hasn't affected your reflexes. nice one.