Saturday 11 June 2016

Another bright but cloudy morning, and with virtually no wind it felt very pleasant.

I carried out a four hour full patch walk today, finding 46 bird species, with just Swift, Nuthatch and Treecreeper of the regular patch birds not being found. I added a species to the months list when my first CORMORANT (59) since March flew over Migrant Alley, where HERRING GULL and LESSER BLACK BACKED GULL were also on the flyover list.

CHIFFCHAFF, BLACKCAP, WHITETHROAT, SWALLOW plus a fleeting glimpse of a LESSER WHITETHROAT, which was at the Greenhouse Grounds, represented the Summer species seen this morning.

GOLDCREST, BULLFINCH, COAL TIT, LONG TAILED TIT, GREAT SPOTTED WOODPECKER, GREEN WOODPECKER, JAY and STOCK DOVE were the best of what was found in the wooded parts of my walk, but the lakes remain very disappointing with just a few MOORHENS, MALLARDS, GREYLAG GEESE, CANADA GEESE and the MUTE SWAN pair present.

I failed to find any newly fledged species for the months list whilst out, but later in the morning I saw and photographed the years first HOUSE SPARROW fledgling that visited my garden  :-)


Newly fledged House Sparrow. No. 26 for the  years ''Successfully bred'' patch list


Juv. GREAT TIT.


Juv. GREENFINCH

1 comment:

Derek Faulkner said...

I have fledged six broods in my garden so far this year.