Thursday 29 May 2008

At last its stopped raining, but its back to work today, so little birding was done apart from the 20mins walk in and another 20mins back. The afternoon visit lasted just 15 mins, before the rain gods saw me out, and opened the heavens again! I did manage to see a KESTREL hoverring over rough grassland around the greenhouses, and there were 10 GREY LAG GEESE in the paddocks early this morning - but that was it. I wasn't even able to do any garden watching as I had workmen putting in a new boiler all afternoon.

My only sighting today was this Kestrel!

6 comments:

Josh Jenkins Shaw said...

I know, This weather is appaling!!! When is it going to stop?! I was wondering what camera and lens you use?
Cheers
Josh

Steve said...

This weather is driving me nuts! Nice shot of the Kestrel....is it me or are Kestrel becoming less common? I don't see them on the motorways as much as I used to....

Josh Jenkins Shaw said...

Luckily for me I have a pair of Kestrels nesting in the area! I see at least one of them everyday! Common sight over this patch, Also seeing more and more Buzzards. But your right I don't see many on the M-ways.
Josh

Simon said...

Great Kestrel shot!! I am seeing them less and less in Mote Park.

Warren Baker said...

Hello again guys,
Kestrels used to be the most numerous birds of prey in England, I think now they have been overtaken by the Buzzard!

Josh I use a Cannon EOS 400D with an EF 90 - 300mm Cannon zoom lens.
It seems a good all round lens.

Josh Jenkins Shaw said...

Thanks for lketting me know! A similar set-up to mine, Canon EOS 350D, EF 75-300mm lens.
Cheers
Josh