Friday 23 May 2008

What a quiet day! There was very little singing going on this morning, just a WHITETHROAT early on, with the usual BLACKBIRDS and SONGTHRUSH, the only other birds of note were the 21 Geese in the paddocks at migrant alley 10 of them GREYLAGS the rest CANADA.
A quick hours walk around the lake and scrub area was also disappointing, only a CUCKOO and BLACKCAPS were heard, and the ''patch'' WILLOW WARBLER! I couldn't find any Dragon/damselflies and very few butterflies were on the wing.
On the way back home I went and saw my ringing friend, who had been shown a photo (still on camara, so not too clear) of an Indigo Bunting that had come to garden feeders. He is expecting to see some prints this evening, so we will see what it is, probably an escaped caged bird. - Would be a good patch tick if not!!

Back in my garden - At least there is always a bird or two here.
This MISTLE THRUSH was the one that nested (and failed ) earlier this year. I have seen it carrying beakfuls of food to the tree again, but havn't located its new nest. I often here it ''chacking'' rigorously at the local Magpies.

1 comment:

Simon said...

I also found there wasn't that much song today.