Sunday 11 May 2008

A Combination of a late night, and ''Man Flu'' Meant I didn't get out very early today! I left at 07:15 and was back by 09:00. I spent the short time walking across migrant alley and on to the college grounds, Where I again found the SPOTTED FLYCATCHER, as well as a flyover LAPWING. BLACKCAPS and GARDEN WARBLERS sang well and the MOORHENS had two chicks with them.
I started to flag under the already hot sun, and as I walked back I thought I heard a Yellow Wagtail fly over Migrant Alley, but being so stuffed up I didn't trust my ears, how frustrating!
Its now 09.20 and I'm gonna sit in the garden, in the shade, and find myself a flyover Red Kite! (and try for some sympathy from the wife!)

The Spotted Flycatcher gave better views today
I managed to snap the Lapwing as it went over

A Cuckoo was almost the first thing I saw, flying over towards the Scrubby area around the lakes.


3 comments:

Simon said...

3 great photos Warren.

Steve said...

Hi Warren - hope you feel better...I managed a poor snap of a Lesser Whitethroat as well...

lee said...

awsome picture of the peregrine your very lucky too see these in this area i think i thought isaw a pair in sealchart last year but wasnt 100% and doubted myself